How To – ViewSonic G-Tablet – Full Market Access

Dec 2nd AT 2:51 AM
Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Tumblr

Step 1: You need to install “Titanium Backup” onto your G-tablet device of course I know you
cannot access the market just yet from your G-tablet to grab the Free version, so I have
uploaded the free version to our server.

Download Link: Download

Step 2: The Titanium Backup file you’ve downloaded is a “.zip” file so you have to extract the
“.apk” from it using WinZip, WinRAR or 7Zip. Next place in on the root of your SDCard on your G-tab, open up the application “ES File Explorer” that comes stock with G-tab device. Click on the TitaniumBackup apk you’ve added to the Root of your SDCard and click Install.

Step 3: Ok first thing is to make sure the Market is working with your Google ID, you should see
a few applications and you will not be able to install anything yet.

Step 4: Go into “Settings” – “Applications” – “Manage Applications” and you must Force Stop both the “Market” and “Google Services Frameworks” apps.

Step 5: In Titanium Backup application you’ve downloaded above, go into “Backup/Restore“, look for “Google Services Framework 2.2“, click on it and then choose “Wipe Data“. Then go back to your home screen.

Step 6: Run the Market application now from your G-tablet. You should get an error (that’s a
good thing). If you don’t get an error, re-try the steps 5 & 6 until you do, when I was doing this i had to do it an extra time before I received the error message from the market. “YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU RECEIVE THIS ERROR”.

Step 7: Reboot your ViewSonic G-Tab wait atleast a minute after the OS (operating system) is up
to let things become more stabe.

Run the Android Marketplace one more time you should notice you have almost all of the applications visible, the ability to install applications (it may look discolored an quite odd, its correct). You might have to do one more reboot to get apps to actually download and install.

Problems:
If you are having any problems make sure you completed every step above correctly before posting a comment or sending an e-mail if you are still having a problem please let us know.

Justin is the creator of Droidpirate. He was first introduced to Android with the Motorola Droid back in 2009 and he's have been hooked ever since. He started Droidpirate for his MetaMorph content and it grew into a full blown Android blog. He's been in the computer industry and designing websites since 1998.

Tags: , , , , ,

Related Posts

How To - G-Tablet Rooted Now What?
ViewSonic G-Tablet - TNT Lite v4.4.0 w/ DroidPirate Mods
ViewSonic G-Tablet - Backup Any Application/Game & Transfer G-Tablet
New G-Tablet Boot Animations

65 Responses to How To – ViewSonic G-Tablet – Full Market Access

1. Kevin Sedlak says:

This was the fix I needed and looking for, now I have the full marketplace running and seems to be quite stable, Thanks’ a whole lot!

• Michael says:

As much as I want to be a GEEK..I am not..
      Can anyone walk me thru this upgrade to FULL MARKET on SKYPE …I will donate..

2. Johnny says:

Justin,

This is great, I may actually keep this thing after all. A couple of questions and clarifications

1)You reference TitaniumBackup as the download file and then RootExplorer.apk as the extracted file. Are we supposed to have downloaded both and if so could you kindly provide a RootExplorer.zip link.

2) there is no -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications (at least on tntlite 2.0), but Settings ->Applications-> System applications may be where you want us to go to force stop Market and Google Services.

Other than that, it is great.

Next requests are for Flash install and Swype keyboard :)

I am available for testing.

3. vj says:

Great ! helped me in a big way… loving my gtablet now.

4. Les says:

Aaaahhh, Justin.

I did something so no files show up in ES File Explorer. I only get “Empty Folder” What’d I do and how do I fix it?

Thanks

• justin says:

Just make sure your device is not mounted to your PC. Either way you really do not need the ES file explorer, you could use O/I File Manager, Astro, etc.

5. Les says:

Thanks. I tend to panic. I fixed it by rerooting and everything seems to be there.

6. Les says:

After downloading Titanium and something called Root Explorer, I do not show anything about the Marketplace. What am I doing wrong? As Johnny said above, there’s no Applications-Manage Applications in Settings.

Sorry to be a pain in the tuckus>

Thanks.

7. Amberelicious says:

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much!!!!

8. Les says:

Here’s a problem. In the LauncherPro home screen, pressing on the Menu icon (the 4 parallel lines) brings up a list of options:Add, Wallpaper,…Settings. When I press Settings, the icon turns blue but it does not open up Settings. I’m thinking this is where I have to go to manage applications. What’s happened?

Please help.

Thanks

9. Glenn says:

Worked perfectly. No off colours or anything. Thanks.

10. Todd says:

Can this Full-Market Access be applied to the stock Tap n Tap UI? Or do you have to upgrade to TnT Lite in order to make this work? The reason I ask is because I was going to prepare this tablet for my parents (w/stock UI, but enable the Full-Markt access)- but I still want them to receive the VS – OTA updates.

11. Henry Adams says:

I installed TNT lite on my GTABlet and lost all of my Viewsonic ap. The system comes up with a Google screen. I have tried to find RootExplorer so I can continue toward accessing the market, but a search of your sight shows no download.

Please help!

12. Craig says:

EXCELLENT … Worked like a charm, and the g-tab is smokin’ now! THANK YOU for all your efforts — DROIDPIRATE ROCKS!!!

13. Craig says:

I’m experiencing a lot of forced closes on Google Services Framework since I flashed my gtab with TNT-Lite … is there a setting I need to tweak, or is this simply a cost of doing business for gaining the faster speed and full Market access?

14. Mike says:

Thanks! I got everyting updated and seems to be running smoothly, ATM. The one thing that maybe someone could help with is I cannot find Adobe Flash Player 10.1 in the Market. Is anyone else found this same issue? How do I go about getting it as Flash was something I wanted. Could I just install a back-up from my phone. My concern is that it will not update thru the market by doing this. Thanks again for the great write-up, very clear and easy for me to follow along.
    Mike

15. Craig says:

By the way — I’m doing a benchmark on my flashed g-tab — Quadrant Standard is reporting 2435, which pretty much seems to be blowing everything else out of the water (Samsung Galaxy S = @800 … Nexus One 2.2+ = @1300 and is the next highest one below mine!)

16. Mike says:

Ok, I found the flash solution. Here is a link to an Adobe Flash version 10.1.120.1.apk that will work with our tablets. http://www.mediafire.com/?39vc24wa2xdyy5r

17. Craig says:

Thanks, Mike!

18. Lisa says:

Awesome! I too was ready to return my gtablet. But not anymore!

19. CarrieH says:

Did the update, now my gtablet thinks its a phone, HELP? I cannot get to my ViewSonic app.

20. Kevin says:

I followed every step and got the expected result at each step. However, my market does not seem to be “full”. Apps like Astro file manager, opera browser, etc are not even available. Any idea? Thanks

21. Craig says:

all of a sudden I’m getting a TON of forced closes: Google Services Framework and android.process.acore — ARRGH!!!

• Craig says:

Tried reverting back to factory settings using the 12/19 link here:

then re-updating with TNTLite … still experiencing a festival of forced closes … the only additions to the tab between the time it was running smoothly and the time it started going all crazy on me were (a) some .cbr files that I loaded into a folder on the SD card, and (b) a coupla games I downloaded from Android market

I *had* been experiencing Google Services Framework forced closes for a while (irritating, but I could deal with them), but all of a sudden the android.process.acore forced closes started in today, and they’re really cramping my style!

22. Craig says:

Found a solution for the android.process.acore issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=842004&page=145

23. Kevin Le says:

I solved my problem. I think I either didn’t give it enough time after rebooting. I repeated step 5 through 8 again more patiently and it seems to work just fine. I have access to the full market now.

24. phillip says:

everytime i try to run the root program it force closes and reboots my g tab?

25. Craig says:

URGH!!! Big WTF moment today — turned my gtab off last night, turned it back on this afternoon — it was like TNT Lite was being installed the first time. Half the apps on the tab were forced-closing themselves. I can’t get into Titanium (it forced-closes), Advanced Task Killer forced-closes, Android Mate forced closes, all mt email accounts were wiped away, Dolphin browser won’t work (and clicking a link on the regular Web browser tries to open Dolphin) … brutal … anyone else experiencing this sort of thing? I didn’t install anything new to the tab in the last several days … arrrgh!

26. brian says:

I had full market then can only see the crappy non copy written apps.Did the fixbut nothing worked fora dayafter I flashed to stock and started over any suggestions?

27. Gabe says:

I am having serious problems. I follwed all the steps correctly and can install apps from the full market but now my browser does not work. It opens a page but five seconds later returns to homescreen. What do I do? I tried to reboot it but it still does the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

28. Craig says:

Update from this end of the Android world (that may be helpful to others): Installing ROM Manager and updating app permissions across the board eliminated virtually every forced close … now, if I could only figure out why ACV keeps closing on certain .cbr and .cbz files ;-)

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!

29. Dave says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you… This is fantastic. I was able to go from stock to root/TnT2.0/Market in a little over an hour. I have one question though, there are still some apps that are not accessible in the market (Autodesk SketchBook Mobile for example) is there any way to get these elusive apps?

30. Lee says:

I tried to install the Titanium Backup and keep getting an error message that says “cannot acquire root privileges. Also, what is the “Pro Version” it is trying to sell me for $5.99? Is that something I need? Thanks

• justin says:

Lee, this is because your device is not Rooted. Check the posts below make sure have Root access. Once you do you will not receive that error any more and No you do not need the full version do this.

31. jj says:

I’m with you Dave. Want to load Sketchbook mobile and it doesn’t show up on the market for me. Any ideas for getting it?

• Lisa21222 says:

I paid for Sketchbook Mobile on my Droid 2 via Android Market. I didn’t anticipate purchasing a tablet at the time, but now that I have one, I would like to put the app on it,

I can’t find the full version in Android Market. I see it on the Amazon App Store, but I don’t want to pay twice (even though it was a buck). I can go to the market website via the browser and find it, but when asked if I want to complete the download via browser or Market app, choosing Market app results in a message that the app was not found. Via the browser, I am able to see that I bought it, but when I try to download it, it thinks the only device I have is the phone, and informs me it will download shortly.

I have gone to Account>Dashboard>Manage Mobile Devices, but no dice. I am going to try to redo the Market fix, and hope that will change things for me.

Any thoughts? I think the “wifi only” is the problem. DroidTV won’t work for me on the tablet either.

32. Craig says:

has anyone discovered an app that will read watermarked PDFs on the gtab in such a way that the watermarks aren’t visible?

33. Robb says:

I followed your directions to Root, and it seems to have worked. Then did the tnt lite, and that worked.
    I am trying to do the titanium backup, but can’t seem to get it to work.
    Also, I seem to have full market access already. Able to download and install.
    Thought I had to do titanium backup to get Market to work?
    idk.

• justin says:

Rob, does it look like all the market applications are working correctly, do you see Angy birds? If so then it seems like you have full market access.

34. amber says:

I am so sorry but I am having trouble figuring out how to get the android market on my g tablet…. I really want to figure it out…I was wondering if you could break it down easier for me or call and talk me through it…. I would really appriciate your help

35. Amber says:

Can someone please help me?? I have the titanium backup running but can not find the market or google framework to wipe data? I really want to get the andriod market on my g tablet please please help! Thank you

36. Ike says:

Managed to get Google Market running on Stock OS after a lot of messing around today. I’ll put up a tutorial later. gTablet running beautifully now with pandora, Kindle, Angry Birds, Nook, Skype, and all the other apps you may need

37. Tony F says:

WoW – Market up and running like a CHAMP!

Thanks for all your help, Justin!!!!!

38. Ira says:

I am running using vegan 5.1. Android market is available but some apps don’t show up. Specifically navionics apps. Are they present when running tnt lite? I want to use my gtablet as a chartplotter when boating.

• justin says:

Ira, only thing I can do is if you have another android device you can try backing up the APK file on your device, save it to your computer and copy it over to the G-Tablet and install it… Hopefully it works and doesn’t have any compatibility issues.

39. Ira says:

Just did market fix using titanium backup. Now full market is available.

40. Ira says:

Booted up today….app missing. Do I have to do market fix everytime I reboot?

41. juan says:

Why can’t I just download an androidmarket.apk? And why didn’t viewsonic include an android market for there android device lol? But please I need help getting the android market on my tablet and I don’t wanna flash a rom because I don’t know how to get back to stock.appreciate the help droid pirate

42. Manx says:

Just wanted to thank you for this article. I got a G-Tablet the other day and was extremely frustrated that I couldn’t connect to the Android Market; the default G-Market had none of the apps that I need or want. Thank you! I’m looking forward to the files being back up so I can do this process!

43. Manx says:

Oh, that was odd. It was saying the files were unavailable while being migrated just a few hours ago. Cool! I will give this a go forthwith, then, and let you know how it goes!

44. Manx says:

I followed your instructions. Rooted, TNT’d, and that rigamarole with Titanium. Market Now Works. THANK YOU!

Seriously, this site has done wonders about how I feel about this tablet. You’ve just saved my sanity!

Is there anything we can do to help you out here?

45. Timm Spinn says:

I’m with this guy up here ^.

This site made me go from hating this tablet and my impulsive self for purchasing it, to loving it and never wanting to part with it.

If there is somewhere to donate, I will! Or maybe even better, have a place to donate and get priority support?? Because I’m sure I will have more questions!

Thanks again!

46. TFM says:

follow your steps, and I do get the market, but I can’t get some of the apps, like angry birds and sirius XM and others. any other ideas.

47. Jordan says:

Hey, I got one for you…I rooted my G-Tablet, installed TNT Lite v4.21 and did your full-market access patch.

It worked great for a few days, but all of a sudden I’m getting 15 ‘Force Close’ errors every time I turn the tablet on, and I can’t open any programs without getting an immediate ‘Force Close’.

Help!!!!

48. christian says:

When u switch can you use regular video chat like Skype or oovoo or Google video?

49. Grace Piranha says:

Wow–a big help to me! I think I still have a few bugs to work out but this was a big improvement!

50. Catherine says:

Hi, making progress but not sure I’m getting the desired results followed the instructions for rooting and I can see the superuser app but not sure what it suppose to do, guess I was expecting a command line interface.. but my issue is with the next steps, I installed tntlite not sure it is working, how can i tell. also the titanium backup files update and recovery, seems to have worked and the application is there and runs but when viewing and looking for the applications Stop both the “Market” and “Google Services Frameworks” apps I don’t see them in the application list nor to I see the replacement applications you mentioned in the titanium and where can I find the RootExplorer.zip. I’m a newbee to this. thanks!

Catherine

51. William says:

Thank you very much for helping me to turn a very expensive paper weight into an actual productive tool.

You’re Awesome

52. Elisabeth says:

I can’t seem to get this to work. I’ve followed the steps, rooted the gtab, installed both titanium and tnt lite. Help? !

53. rAVE says:

HI IM SORRY TO BOTHER YOU BUT CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE ROOT OF MY SD CARD IS AND CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I CAN DELETE SUPER USER I CANT SEEN TO MAKE IT DO WHAT I WANT CAN YOU ALSO TELL ME HOW TO BRING IT BACK TO FACTORY

54. highfill says:

It seems that after installing TNT every time I try to download something from the apps store, it states that my device is not correct and will not download the product. The app store shows my device is not a g-tablet.

55. keith says:

pls help how to access full android market for viewsonic 10 with both os (window 7 and android0.appreciate your reply