MetaMorph – Droid-X – StarWars Lock Screen

I pulled this from the leaked Froyo 2.2 R2D2 ROM version. The only thing cool I found in the framework was the Starwars style lock screen so I decided to turn it into a MetaMorph for those just looking for the lock screen.

Compatibility:
Droid-X
Droid-2

Installation:
1. Download file below, note this file requires the MetaMorph Application
2. Move to “Android Themes” folder created by MetaMorph on SD card
3. After checks, choose “Unzip/Extract New
4. Follow instructions from there
5. Phone may reboot, if not, manually reboot
Click here for our detailed how-to on installing MetaMorph’s

Download Links:
Download via DroidPirate.com

Related Posts

15 Comments

1. tkc
    Oct 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM - Reply

Great work! thanks for doing this.

unrelated question: with regards to your version 3 teenfaces black notification bar, are you able to get white text on your market downloads, pandora etc? if so, did you have to mod the market apk?

• justin
      Oct 2, 2010 at 1:35 AM - Reply

I’m pretty sure you would have to Hex-Edit the “Services.jar” file. <– I'm still learning that as well. So anything I figure out I will post here and e-mail you as well.

2. RickX93277
    Oct 1, 2010 at 4:49 PM - Reply

DX is stuck in landscape view now

• RickX93277
      Oct 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM - Reply

OK, I disabled auto rotate and rebooted and it’s fine. Just re-enabled the auto rotate

• justin
        Oct 2, 2010 at 1:03 AM - Reply

Nice. Posted that reply because I didn’t read your last comment. Glad to hear its working fine!

• justin
      Oct 2, 2010 at 1:03 AM - Reply

I still use this from when I created the Morph for it, works fine. Do you need the stock lock to morph back?

3. Denise
    Oct 5, 2010 at 3:17 AM - Reply

Sweet :) Saw this link over on DroidLife. Worked perfect the first time. It did reset my wallpaper though [not a biggie, lol]

• justin
      Oct 5, 2010 at 10:58 PM - Reply

Nice man, glad it worked out. The X is weird seems like every time you morph something with the stock launcher it modifies your wallpaper.

4. brumby05
    Oct 6, 2010 at 6:03 AM - Reply

I want the gray to be darker, maybe even black, can I just change the png files in photoshop and apply? will that mess anything up?

5. brumby05
    Oct 6, 2010 at 6:25 AM - Reply

Couldn’t wait so I went ahead and adjusted the png’s. Applied the theme, looks great. Two issues though. The unlock on the left works, but the sound on/off will not work. Don’t know if it was something I did or the theme itself. All I did was open the images in photoshop, darken, then resaved them. I also don’t get an animation when sliding the left bar. Neither of these is a big deal and am going to keep my modified lockscreen anyway as I have never even used the right slider in the month I have had the phone. Thanks

6. Metzger
    Oct 8, 2010 at 1:11 AM - Reply

I have the same black notification bar – will overwriting the “framework-res” folder be a problem between those two? Also, if you create a working Star Wars lock screen with darker colors I’d love to get my hands on it!

metzzger@gmail.com

• Metzger
      Oct 8, 2010 at 1:15 AM - Reply

^^ Nevermind on that, I was looking at things in the wrong way.

7. arnoldo
    Jan 8, 2011 at 12:00 AM - Reply

I’m curious to know if anyone figured out how to get the Star Wars locks without rooting your DroidX?

• justin
      Jan 8, 2011 at 12:40 AM - Reply

Arnoldo, You need to Root no matter what. You cannot modify system files without. Also with all the programs out there a user could root and unroot their device with a simple click check out z4Root – will root any Android device.