MetaMorph – Droid-X – StarWars Lock Screen

Posted On: September 26, 2010 15 comments

I pulled this from the leaked Froyo 2.2 R2D2 ROM version. The only thing cool I found in the framework was the Starwars style lock screen so I decided to turn it into a MetaMorph for those just looking for the lock screen.

Compatibility:
Droid-X
Droid-2

Installation:
1. Download file below, note this file requires the MetaMorph Application
2. Move to “Android Themes” folder created by MetaMorph on SD card
3. After checks, choose “Unzip/Extract New
4. Follow instructions from there
5. Phone may reboot, if not, manually reboot
Click here for our detailed how-to on installing MetaMorph’s

Download Links:
Download via DroidPirate.com

15 Comments so far

Jump into a conversation
  1. tkc
    #1 tkc 1 October, 2010, 15:54

Great work! thanks for doing this.

unrelated question: with regards to your version 3 teenfaces black notification bar, are you able to get white text on your market downloads, pandora etc? if so, did you have to mod the market apk?

• justin
      justin Author 2 October, 2010, 01:35

I’m pretty sure you would have to Hex-Edit the “Services.jar” file. <– I'm still learning that as well. So anything I figure out I will post here and e-mail you as well.

2. RickX93277
    #2 RickX93277 1 October, 2010, 16:49

DX is stuck in landscape view now

• RickX93277
      RickX93277 1 October, 2010, 16:51

OK, I disabled auto rotate and rebooted and it’s fine. Just re-enabled the auto rotate

• justin
        justin Author 2 October, 2010, 01:03

Nice. Posted that reply because I didn’t read your last comment. Glad to hear its working fine!

• justin
      justin Author 2 October, 2010, 01:03

I still use this from when I created the Morph for it, works fine. Do you need the stock lock to morph back?

3. Denise
    #3 Denise 5 October, 2010, 03:17

Sweet :) Saw this link over on DroidLife. Worked perfect the first time. It did reset my wallpaper though [not a biggie, lol]

• justin
      justin Author 5 October, 2010, 22:58

Nice man, glad it worked out. The X is weird seems like every time you morph something with the stock launcher it modifies your wallpaper.

4. brumby05
    #4 brumby05 6 October, 2010, 06:03

I want the gray to be darker, maybe even black, can I just change the png files in photoshop and apply? will that mess anything up?

5. brumby05
    #5 brumby05 6 October, 2010, 06:25

Couldn’t wait so I went ahead and adjusted the png’s. Applied the theme, looks great. Two issues though. The unlock on the left works, but the sound on/off will not work. Don’t know if it was something I did or the theme itself. All I did was open the images in photoshop, darken, then resaved them. I also don’t get an animation when sliding the left bar. Neither of these is a big deal and am going to keep my modified lockscreen anyway as I have never even used the right slider in the month I have had the phone. Thanks

6. arnoldo
    #7 arnoldo 8 January, 2011, 00:00

I’m curious to know if anyone figured out how to get the Star Wars locks without rooting your DroidX?

• justin
      justin Author 8 January, 2011, 00:40

Arnoldo, You need to Root no matter what. You cannot modify system files without. Also with all the programs out there a user could root and unroot their device with a simple click check out z4Root – will root any Android device.

Reply this comment

Your data will be safe!Your e-mail address will not be published. Also other data will not be shared with third person.