Published on August 23rd, 2010 | by justin
There is a new feature in Froyo, which when you lock and unlock the screen, a little “click” is made. If you don’t know how to access the Unlock/Lock sound settings you can find it by going to.
Settings -> Sound Settings -> Screen Lock Sounds
(This can be done with any sound in the UI sectin)
1. Open Root Explorer go into “/system/media/audio/notifications/“
2. Pick your desired notification sound and copy it
3. Press back once, and then press “/ui“
4. Press the “mount r/w” button in the top right corner
4. Rename either “Unlock.ogg” or “Lock.ogg” (whichever one you are replacing) to .ogg.bak, so you can switch it back if you don’t like it
5. Paste your notification into “/ui“, and rename it to whichever you just renamed to “.bak“
6. Close Root Explorer and reboot
7. Unlock/Lock your phone and enjoy!
Back to Top ↑