If you have already ROOTed your device then the hard part is already done. If you are still wondering how to reboot your device into Recovery mode follow these few simple steps.
Manual Recovery Mode:
1. Completely power off your device
2. Slide out your keypad (Moto Droid)
3. Before turning your device on, press and hold the letter “X“
4. Now turn the power on your device while keeping the letter “X” held
5. Your device should now reboot into “SPRecovery” or “ClockWorkModRecovery” depending on which version was installed with your ROM.
Enter Recovery Using Ultimate Droid:
One of the best ROM features I like about Ultimate Droid, is that when you press and hold the power button, it will give you a bunch of options, “Silent Mode”, “Airplane Mode”, “Reboot”, “Reboot to Recovery”, and “Power Off”.
Well if you are using Ultimate Droid its simple – Press and hold the power button until the menu displays.
Next press “Reboot to Recovery”
Give it a few seconds and your phone should reboot and you should have now successfully entered Recovery Mode.
What Do I Do if I Don’t Have Recovery:
Coming soon – I’m working on the tutorial.
Justin is the creator of Droidpirate. He was first introduced to Android with the Motorola Droid back in 2009 and he's have been hooked ever since. He started Droidpirate for his MetaMorph content and it grew into a full blown Android blog. He's been in the computer industry and designing websites since 1998.